loader image

Madagascar – Mauritius : Training opportunities for youth

Home > News > Tourism > Madagascar – Mauritius : Training opportunities for youth

Madagascar – Mauritius : Training opportunities for youth

Enabling Malagasy youth to perform in the tourism and hospitality trades

A partnership between the Bradford Institute in Mauritius and the Ministry of Technical Education and Vocational Training (METFP), represented by Lalatiana Rakotondrazafy, was formally signed on Friday, April 12, 2024. This agreement aims to provide young individuals aspiring to specialize in the hotel and tourism sectors with advanced training opportunities.

Young individuals from Madagascar will now have the opportunity to pursue specialization at the prestigious international training institution, the Bradford Institute. Through this partnership, the Institute is committed to providing guidance to students, enabling them to apply their acquired knowledge in renowned hotels across the region. This support will extend to their professional integration following the completion of their studies and internships, as outlined in the terms of the agreement between the two parties.

Details of the partnership reveal that the university will allocate 40 % of scholarships to Malagasy students. Additionally, METFP will undertake efforts to secure collaborations to obtain the remaining 60 % of scholarships, including through agreements with the Bradford Institute’s established partner banks. A source from METFP emphasized that this collaboration marks a significant advancement in enhancing vocational training within the field.

Share this article
Share this Article:
Join our newsletter

Join the latest releases and tips, interesting articles, and exclusive interviews in your inbox every week.